Saturday, January 3, 2015

21 Day Challenge

Well here it is a new year.  Where did the last year go?  Now most people make New Year's resolutions.  Not something I typically do but I had a friend post the following on her Facebook page




OK - looks pretty simple - only 21 days. So I said sure - I'm in!  We agreed we would start Monday January 5th.  So let's look at this and make sure I know THE RULES before Monday.

      NO CHOCOLATE - Hmmm - I do like chocolate.  Not that I eat it every day but it sure does taste good. I do like my chocolate cokes from Sonic - at least one a week as a treat. Only  21 days -- OK - I think I can do that one.

     NO  CANDY -  Hmmmm- well - typically if I have chocolate it is in the form of candy. OK - guess I can do without.  Oh wait -- that means no licorice - or tootsie rolls -- those are the two candies I like to eat.  OK - again - only 21 days - I think I can do this one.

     NO BISCUITS OR COOKIES -- Hmmm - cookies. I don't usually keep  them around the house.
Gary does like me to make chocolate chip cookies. I do make good cookies. I usually just bake 6-8. That way Gary's cookies are always soft and gooey. Okay, if I make cookie dough I will only bake 5-6 cookies at a time.  That way I won't be tempted to say 'just one'.  Biscuits might be hard. I do like them. Not that we have them a lot  but if I just don't make any there  won't be a problem.  OK - I got that one covered for the next 21 days.

     NO CAKE, DONUTS. OR MUFFINS - Well I'm not a big dessert person so the cake won't be an issue. Donuts, hmmmm- well, the grand kids no longer live in town so I don't do the Saturday morning breakfast of donuts. They are brought into work sometimes.  I will just have to stay out of the break room if that happens.  Muffins, I do like them. I don't make them though because I am the only one who would eat them though so it should be okay.  Yep, I got this one covered for the next 21 days.

    NO PASTRIES -- Hmmm - I like pastries. However, it's not anything I keep in the house and I don't usually go anywhere to buy them. This one should be easy for the next 21 days.

     NO WHITE BREAD - WHAT????  Did I read this before I committed to this? Oh I do love my bread, and I always eat white bread. This one may be tough. Well, it says white bread so I'm thinking wheat bread would be okay. I have eaten wheat berry bread before and I liked it. Okay, I got this one for the next 21 days (but it won't be easy).

     NO CHIPS -- Hmmmm - well I do love my chips. They could easily be a downfall.  However, I know that I have no will power when it comes to chips. Therefore, I DO NOT keep any chips in the house. Yeah, this one will be easy for me for the next 21 days.

     NO FAST FOOD - Hmmm - well, if we eat out Gary never wants fast food. I usually take my lunch to work so no problem there. However, I sometimes eat fast food on Saturdays while I am out running errands. Okay, this one should be pretty easy for the next 21 days.

     NO SODA - Hmmmm - this one may be tough.  I usually have one can of pop a day. Not a lot. However, I do like my large chocolate cokes from Sonic. I usually have one a week. This is where I get my chocolate fix. This may be difficult for me. I will do this for the next 21 days. It will not be easy for me.

     NO ICE CREAM -- This one is not a problem for me. I don't like ice cream. We always have ice cream in the house. I never eat it. I may eat ice cream every four months. I have this one covered for the next 21 days.

Okay - now you know my challenge. I will be blogging about my progress keep looking for my posts and how I am doing. If you want to join me, please feel free to do so. I have a couple of friends who will be doing this with me. We will be supporting each other on Facebook. If you want to join me let me know and I will offer you my support. I appreciate your support while I tackle this 21 Day Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment